Navigation Bar

Friday, June 17, 2011

Stack 'Em Up.

This season, more is definitely more. At least when it comes to accessories. Everywhere you look, there is layering. Layering of necklaces, bracelets, and my favorite, watches. I cannot get enough of the layered look. 
Now, I know that it may seem like one of those trends that might not work here in the Midwest, but let me assure you....It works, if done correctly! One of my favorite ways to layer watches and bracelets is to stagger big and little. Mix and match. 
Here is a step-by-step how to stack:
Step 1:

Take a boyfriend watch, one that looks like a watch your grandfather might of worn. Flat faces are a good place to start. 
Step 2:

Add thin bangles. You can take the color from t he watch, or switch it up. Mixing silver and gold is in right now, big time, so don't be scared of having a little of both!
Step 3:

Add something(s) embellished! Try leather bands with beads or jewels. I added two different bracelets, one a little thicker than the other. I also used this step as a way to mix in silver (see, it can be done!). When layering, added pieces does not have to be even, you can have similar piece next to each other. Okay, this last step is optional, but I think you should go for it.
Step 4:
Add another watch!
Here is is! I added a watch that  I own. One that is a bit bigger, but you could always go for a skinny watch and still rock this look.
Here is the final product!
I love this look. It works for any setting. Add different colors or textures. Add bling for a night out, or tone it down with more neutral colors for lunch with the girls, or shopping on a Saturday afternoon.
Lay it on and stack it up ladies!



No comments:

Post a Comment